Your house can be a very unsafe place so all DIY folk should take several safety measures when carrying out a job. Here are some fundamental Do’s that every DIY person can use.
- Ensure to at all times place safely in your mind before begin to perform any DIY task. Be cautious, alert and make good decisions.
- Make sure that read carefully the labels on containers that contain paints, solvents and other substances as well as follow all directions of use and any other words of warning.
- When using tools particularly power tools, always take notice of the guidelines and instructions of use provided by the manufacturer. If you are familiar with the tools action then there is less probability to cause damage.
- Use the suitable tool for each duty. Avoid utilizing a tool for something that it is not intended for.
- Make sure that you wear the proper protection for the task at hand such as gloves, facemasks and eye protection.
- At all times shield your body away from the action end of a power tools that use the likes of blades, cutters and bits.
- Always make certain that whichever tool you are using that the tool adjustment is secured prior to you begin using it.
- Be sure that any electrical supply is protected and safe before you use it. Do not overload any circuit. Ensure all power tools, extension cables and electrical outlets are unharmed and undamaged. Never use power tools in wet conditions.
- Check for potential cables/pipe-work prior to drilling or cutting into a wall or surface. Be cautious whenever you are unable to view the other side of what you are drilling or cutting.
- Be careful if using a saw bench as many older benches do not include some of the newest safety features. Stay away from sawing short pieces if possible as some of these can often be difficult to grasp.
- Keep in mind that a lot of mistakes can occur very fast which the body cannot always react to fast enough.
- At all times use both of your hands when using a tool is intended to be used with both hands.
- Make sure that your working area is sufficiently lit and bright enough for you.
- Ensure that you examine the safety ladders and steps prior to using them and that the steps and sides are undamaged.
Feel free to log on to Tradesmen.ie to get a number of quotes for your job.
All the Best,
Pingback: Tweets that mention DIY Safety Measure Do’s | Tradesmen.ie Blog -- Topsy.com