We have 2 Product Design and Patent Internships available to identify opportunities to create a new service related product that does not exist already or to develop a new way of delivering an existing service that has not existed previously. The positions entail doing extensive research into ways and methodologies for delivering existing services through web based applications and seeing how new patentable services or new patentable ways of delivering services can be invented.
Ideally you would work at our office here in Co. Laois, Ireland but other arrangements can be made if that is not suitable as long as it is acceptable for your placement supervisor.
- Learn how to research existing systems and methodologies, carry out research with target user groups, collect feedback and interpret the data
- Learn how to develop detailed specification documents based on data collected
- Learn how to determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions
- Learn how to engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service to the company.
- Learn how to identify emerging technologies, web and mobile applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
- Odd Jobs / Errands
- You should be studying Computer Science, Product Design or a related field
- You should have a high aptitude in Mathematics and English
This is an unpaid position but we will pay expenses, please ask for further details
About our Business
Tradesmen.ie is an interactive service that lets home owners and businesses obtain a number of quotes for jobs which are advertised over the web. It also helps tradesmen locate work for the trades and the areas in which they are interested. Sms text messaging is used for real-time notification of all parties. Buyers and sellers are matched based on locality, skills, and requirements. The interactive nature of this service means that deals can be done much more quickly than by traditional means.
Tips For Your Application
When applying for jobs or internships make sure to write a cover letter that shows you have researched what the company is about and that you have the relevant skills and experience appropriate for the job or internship you are applying for. Here are some tips below to help with your job or internship application
Tips to Improve your CV
- Put the most relevant product design experience and qualifications at the top
- Use bullet points to display important information
- Spell check and proofread your resume several times
Tips to Improve a Cover Letter
- Address your cover letter to the right person
- Capture the reader’s attention, mention some product design interests or experience here
- Spell check and proofread your cover letter several times
On your cover letter and CV find a way to show that you are smart, love product design, and are constantly growing, learning, and exploring new ideas. Talk about your relevant hobbies if you have any, like contributing to open source projects, community support forums or getting involved with a local product design or innovation group on Meetup.com or similar. If a local product design or innovation group does not exist in your area then set up one and invite others to get involved. Let your potential employer know if you like developing products and coming up with new and innovative ideas enough to deal with them outside of your work or studies.
It is a really simple formula for the employer. While two candidates may be equal today, the candidate with passion will be far more advanced in the weeks and months to come than the candidate who treats it as “just a job.” And if you haven’t been partaking in any of these activities outside of your studies up to now, start as soon as you can and it will really develop your skills, help you to network with other like minded people and open up new opportunities that would otherwise never have been possible.
By following these tips you will be well on your way to getting noticed by employers in the hope of being called for an interview. The whole purpose of a CV and cover letter is to get an interview, so the work you put into improving your documents is well worth the effort. Best of luck!
To Enquire about this internship or for any other details please contact the Managing Director Oliver Dempsey here or on mobile at:-